Bloc festival organisers go into administration after event closure

15:39 11 July 2012

Snoop Dogg had been due to perform. Picture: Tori Mayo/Press Association Images

Snoop Dogg had been due to perform. Picture: Tori Mayo/Press Association Images


Organisers of the music festival that was scrapped because of overcrowding at the London Pleasure Gardens last Friday have gone into administration.

Extra police were called to the Bloc festival at the Royal Victoria Docks after the event was swamped with thousands of partygoers.

US rapper Snoop Dogg had been among those due to headline the axed event.

Ticketholders will now have to deal with administrators Parker Andrews to get their money back.

In a statement released this afternoon, Baselogic Productions said: “The team are working hard with the administrators to investigate the issues that led to the closure of the event and people will be updated as and when we have new information.

“We ask that you allow the administrators time to conduct a thorough investigation so we can establish the facts.

“Once again we would like to apologise for all of the frustration and disappointment this situation has caused and thank everyone who has supported the team over the years, your continued support means so much to us.”

The annual festival started in 2007 and was due to take place in London for the first time

The development is not expected to have any effect on the London Pleasure Gardens itself, which was made possible because of a £3million loan from Newham Council.


Latest News

Yesterday, 16:07

Anyone who saw vehicles before crash should contact officers investigating

Yesterday, 13:02
QEII Bridge at Dartford

Motorists using crossing will all be diverted through the tunnels

Yesterday, 10:01
Runners at the starting line

Nearly 100 people turned out to the event

Yesterday, 09:06
Rollercoaster of a week for the weather

Sub-zero temperatures at the weekend...into double figures by Thursday, says Met Office

Yesterday, 08:46

Officers will also be dishing out free advice on how to keep your property secure and safe.

Most read


Tesco - Every little helps

Would you like to have the opportunity to win a huge £2,500 to spend at Tesco? Well with this amazing prize you can do exactly that! MyOffers are giving you the chance to get your hands on £2,500 to spend on anything you desire may it be free weekly groceries for the foreseeable future, a new TV, home decoration or even a new sofa!

You could get your hands on the new Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge!

Here’s your chance to win one of the most feature-packed smartphones on the planet, from tech giants Samsung, The Samsung S6 Edge!

Digital Edition

Read the Gravesend Reporter e-edition today E-edition

Family Notices 24

Local business directory

Our trusted business finder