Man dies in Gravesend flat fire

PUBLISHED: 16:48 15 May 2018 | UPDATED: 16:48 15 May 2018

The fire broke out at Parrack Street on Sunday. Picture: Google

The fire broke out at Parrack Street on Sunday. Picture: Google


A man in his 50s has died following a serious flat fire in Parrock Street, Gravesend on Sunday May 13.

Three fire engines attended the blaze, which broke out at around 7pm.

All four flats within the block were evacuated as crews extinguished the fire and a high pressure fan was used to clear the building of smoke.

A spokesman from Kent Police said: “Officers attended and provided support to crews from Kent Fire and Rescue Service and the South East Coast Ambulance Service.

“A man in his 50s was pronounced deceased at the scene and the circumstances are not being treated as suspicious.

“A report will be prepared for the coroner.”

The cause of the fire is not yet known.


Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other Gravesend Reporter visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by Gravesend Reporter staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique Gravesend Reporter account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

Latest News

Yesterday, 16:26

Three teenagers have been arrested after officers responded to reports of damaged cars in Dartford.

Yesterday, 16:24

The families of serial killer Stephen Port’s victims are a step closer to getting answers to questions surrounding the murders.

Yesterday, 14:36

A robber who used a glass bottle to assault two taxi drivers in Gravesend has been jailed for more than five years.

Yesterday, 09:48

Four fire engines and a height vehicle have been sent to the scene of a fire involving a terraced house in Ames Road, Swanscombe.

Yesterday, 09:18

A baby boy has been born amid queues of traffic caused by an overturned coach on the M25, police said.

Yesterday, 07:00

The Met has claimed it is one of the first forces in the country to develop its own mobile fingerprint device.

Most read

Digital Edition

Read the Gravesend Reporter e-edition today

Newsletter Sign Up

Gravesend Reporter twice-weekly newsletter
Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Show Job Lists

Family Notices 24