Search

Chip shop worker puts out fire in Dartford town centre

PUBLISHED: 15:35 17 December 2015 | UPDATED: 15:35 17 December 2015

Fire

Fire

2010 Getty Images

Fire crews were on scene

Fire crews attended a blaze at Time and Plaice fish and chip shop in Spital Street, Dartford earlier this morning.

Crews were called at 10:11am, and discovered the fire had been extinguished by a worker at the shop.

The buildings three floors were all explored and crews cleared smoke out from the area.

It is believed the fire was caused by a hot oil.

Firefighters left the scene at 10.42am.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Gravesend Reporter. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Gravesend Reporter