Arrests across north Kent in massive police sting
PUBLISHED: 16:05 07 April 2011
2010 Getty Images
Almost 70 people have been arrested in a massive police operation targeting of variety of criminals suspected of carrying out burglaries, drug offences and theft.
Warrants were executed during raids yesterday by the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate, across north Kent, the rest of the county and neighbouring Essex.
Other offenders targeted included those suspected for vehicle and metal theft and handling stolen goods.
In total 69 arrests were made, 31 in Kent, including Dartford, Gravesend, Greenhithe and Swanley.
Assistant Chief Constable Gareth Wilson, who leads the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate, said: “I’d like to thank colleagues on both sides of the water who have done a sterling job on what has been a complex operation.
“The results speak for themselves. The activity will undoubtedly make our communities safer, and more enjoyable places to be. Anyone who thinks it is acceptable to make life miserable for others by behaving illegally should expect to be brought to justice.”
It is the second large-scale Day of Action co-ordinated by the team since its formation in June 2010
The Directorate is one of the largest divisions in UK policing dedicated to tackling serious and organised crime, with more than 1,100 officers and staff working together across both counties.
1) 19-year-old man on suspicion of breach of bail conditions and interfering/tampering with motor vehicles. He has been charged and bailed to appear in court.
2) 17-year-old has been boy questionned on suspicion of money laundering.
3) 35-year-old man on suspicion of fraud, who has now been cautioned.
4) 46-year-old man arrested on suspicion of possessing a false passport
5) 42-year-old woman arrested on suspicion of theft
1) 43-year-old woman held on suspicion of assault
2) 36-year-old man on suspicion of criminal damage. Now released without charge
3) 19-year-old man in relation to a shoplifting offence
4) 30-year-old man arrested on suspicion of theft and cultivation of cannabis. Now bailed.
5) 28-year-old woman on suspicion of theft and cultivation of cannabis. Released without charge.
1) 24-year-old woman arrested on suspicion of harassment
1) 21-year-old man arrested on suspicion of theft of a motor vehicle
2) 39-year-old woman arrested on suspicion of driving off without paying for fuel
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Gravesend Reporter. Click the link in the orange box above for details.