Search

Dartford family escape house fire

PUBLISHED: 09:47 13 August 2012

A couple and their baby had a lucky escape from a fire in their house in the early hours of this morning.

They had removed the batteries from their smoke alarm because it kept activating from cooking fumes but managed to escape the fire after being woken by the noise and heat.

Two crews were sent to the house in East Hill at 2.06am after a passer-by raised the alarm.

It is believed the fire started in a bin outside the property, possibly caused by a discarded cigarette.

The lounge and first floor bedroom were damaged by fire and smoke.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Gravesend Reporter. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Gravesend Reporter