Search

Dartford kitchen fire sees pets rescued with specialist oxygen masks

PUBLISHED: 10:28 05 October 2017

Firefighters

Firefighters

sanchairat

Two women were treated for smoke inhalation at the scene

Fire broke out in a Dartford kitchen in the early hours of Thursday morning, putting the lives of two women and three pets at risk.

Crews were called to Cedar Road at 3.56am, where they fought the blaze with a hose reel jet.

Two women suffered smoke inhalation and were both treated at the scene, but three pets were still trapped inside.

Crews rescued two hamsters and a dog from the home, using specialist pet oxygen masks which had been provided to Kent Fire and Rescue Service via the Smokey Paws charity.

Following the rescue, crews continued to fight the flames, declaring the scene safe at 6.16am.

KFRS have been using the pet oxygen masks since November 2015.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Gravesend Reporter. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Gravesend Reporter