Ebbsfleet Academy principal praises her students’ GCSE results
PUBLISHED: 10:48 20 August 2015 | UPDATED: 10:48 20 August 2015
Recently-formed academy has doubled the five A* to C results of its predecessor school
Students and teachers at The Ebbsfleet Academy are celebrating its best set of GCSEs results – almost doubling the results of its predecessor school.
Formed two years ago, the academy replaced a previous school, and this year at least 53 per cent of its students gained five A* to C including English and mathematics – the results show a rapid improvement from 28 per cent in 2013 and 38 per cent in 2014.
Speaking about the results, principal Alison Colwell said: “Such a significant improvement in our GCSE results this year clearly shows that the persistent hard work and commitment of our students and the exceptional teaching and support provided by the staff is having a fantastic impact.”
In total, students gained fifty-two A and A* grades and among them were:
• Florian Nurudeen receiving an A* in Maths, Additional Science, Physical Education and Sport, plus five A grades and one B grade
• Urvi Mendez receiving an A* in Maths, plus four A grades and three B grades
• Samuel Porter receiving an A* in English, plus three A grades, one B grade and one C grade
• Wiktoria Bujok receiving an A* in Spanish, plus two A grades, three B grades and four C grades
• Abbie Wellard receiving an A* in Art, plus five B grades and two C grades
• Lily Allen receiving A* in RS, plus one A grade, four B grades and two C grades
She added: “We congratulate all of our students on their achievements and warmly thank their teachers and families for the support that was generously provided. The academy’s motto is ‘Aspire, Excel’. Our students have been aspiring since The Ebbsfleet Academy was formed two years ago. Today, they have excelled.”
The Ebsfleet Academy is part of the Brook Learning Trust, which was established in 2010 and also includes The Hayesbrook School in Tonbridge, and the High Weald Academy in Cranbrook.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Gravesend Reporter. Click the link in the orange box above for details.