Search

Fire breaks out in bedroom of Gravesend property

PUBLISHED: 15:31 18 October 2017

Firefighters

Firefighters

sanchairat

Crews were called on Wednesday morning

Firefighters are working to establish the cause of a fire which broke out in Gravesend on Wednesday.

Crews from Kent Fire and Rescue Service were called to Taunton Vale at 11.37am, after smoke was seen billowing out of a bedroom window.

On arrival, crews entered the scene wearing breathing apparatus and tackled the blaze.

All of the occupants of the property were accounted for and one man was treated for smoke inhalation.

The fire was put out at 12.22pm.

A spokesperson from KFRS said: “The cause of the fire isn’t known at this time.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Gravesend Reporter. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Gravesend Reporter