Search

Fire crews tackle grill fire in Dartford

PUBLISHED: 10:48 04 January 2017 | UPDATED: 10:48 04 January 2017

Fire engine

Fire engine

2002 Getty Images

A woman had inadvertently switched the grill on while leaving the oven door closed

Fire crews were called after a blaze broke out in a grill at a house in Dartford last night.

Two fire engines were sent to the addess on Joyce Green Lane at 7.50pm to extinguish the blaze and clear smoke from the building.

It is believed the woman had put lamb chops in the oven to cook but had inadvertently switched the grill on, leaving the grill door closed.

She was praised for doing “exactly the right thing” by leaving the house and dialling 999.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Gravesend Reporter. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Latest from the Gravesend Reporter