Search

Firefighters called to fire in Northfleet

PUBLISHED: 08:24 19 August 2013 | UPDATED: 08:27 19 August 2013

Firefighters helped extinguish a blaze believed to have been caused by a candle.

The fire was in The Hive, Northfleet, at about 1am yesterday (Sunday).

Crews believed the candle, which may not have been extinguished properly, ignited curtains in the house.

The resident put out the fire with a bucket of water before Kent Fire and Rescue Service arrived and crews carried out checks on the property.

There were no reported injuries.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Gravesend Reporter. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Gravesend Reporter