Lucky escape for family following fire at Old Road East
PUBLISHED: 13:07 15 May 2018 | UPDATED: 13:07 15 May 2018
Kent Fire and Rescue Service were called to a house fire in Old Road East, Gravesend this morning.
Three fire engines attended the scene, where two adults and two children were outside the property on arrival.
Crews tackled a fire on the ground floor using a hose reel jet and a covering jet, and cleared the building of smoke using a high pressure fan. The fire is believed to have started in the electrical intake cupboard under the stairs, and due to a large amount of items being stored there, the fire grew quickly.
Fortunately the family was alerted to the blaze by their smoke alarms, enabling them to get out of the property before the fire escalated, however the house was left with smoke and heat damage throughout, and sadly one of the family’s cats died in the fire.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Gravesend Reporter. Click the link in the orange box above for details.