Search

Neighbour to the rescue as broken boiler sparks kitchen fire in Dartford

PUBLISHED: 16:57 17 January 2017 | UPDATED: 16:57 17 January 2017

Fire

Fire

Karnstocks

The fire started on Monday afternoon

An electrical fault in the boiler of a Dartford home nearly ended in disaster yesterday.

Firefighters believe the fault caused fire to spread in the kitchen of a property in Kenwyn Road, Dartford on Monday lunchtime.

Crews from Dartford fire station were called to the scene at around 12.40pm.

A Kent Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “The boiler extract fanned the flames spreading to washing on a clothes airer”.

By the time crews had arrived, the properties smoke alarm had alerted a neighbour, who used buckets of water to douse the flames.

Crews followed up by damping down the area and using a thermal image camera to see if the fire had spread anywhere else inside the property.

Firefighters spent less than an hour at the scene, leaving the scene just before 1.30pm.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Gravesend Reporter. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Latest from the Gravesend Reporter