Crews called to chimney fire in Northfleet
PUBLISHED: 12:23 04 October 2018 | UPDATED: 12:23 04 October 2018
Firefighters were called to a chimney fire at a house in Railway Street, Northfleet yesterday evening.
Crews tackled the fire in the chimney from the hearth using chimney gear, and from the roof of the premises with a hose reel jet.
Crews removed the fire surround and attacked the fire behind it and inside the chimney cavity using a fogspike.
There were no reported injuries.
Firefighters are urging residents with open fires and wood burners to get their chimneys swept and checked before lighting them this Autumn, to reduce the risk of a chimney fire.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Gravesend Reporter. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.