Police warn motorists to store keys safely after two cars stolen in Dartford
PUBLISHED: 12:50 07 July 2016 | UPDATED: 12:50 07 July 2016
Police have issued advice to prevent burglars stealing car keys
Burglars are believed to have forced their way into two Dartford properties, stealing car keys once inside.
One incident reportedly took place in Clarendon Gardens at around 2.45am on Wednesday, July 6.
The other incident took place between 10pm and 6am on June 30 in Kirby Road, Dartford.
Police are continuing with their enquiries.
Anyone with information about the above incidents can call 101 quoting reference XY/25990/16.
Kent Police issued the following advice:
- Make sure car keys are not left visible from the outside of your home
- Double-lock uPVC doors and windows
- Keep keys, cash and expensive items out of view
- Use timer switches on lights and radios to make it look like someone is home
- Keep garden gates locked and garden boundaries secure
- Lock sheds and garages - bikes, tools and garden items can be stolen or used to break into homes
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Gravesend Reporter. Click the link in the orange box above for details.