Remembrance Day 2017: Read the full list of services around Dartford and Gravesham here
PUBLISHED: 14:54 10 November 2017
Services are taking place across the two boroughs
Dartford and Gravesham will fall silent this weekend as the boroughs mark Remembrance Day.
Services are taking place at war memorials and churches across this weekend, as residents look to pay their respects to the servicemen and women who have fought and died for their country.
In some places, parades will take place, with members of the public encouraged to attend their local service and mark the occasion.
Here are the Remembrance Day services in Dartford and Gravesham this weekend:
· Bawley Bay Service of Remembrance - 12.30pm, Sunday, November 12.
· Cobham War Memorial - 10am on Sunday, November 12.
· Dartford War Memorial - 10.45am on Sunday. Market Street and High Street will be closed for the ceremony and parade from 10.15am, with a service starting from 10.40am. Following the ceremony there will be a march past by veterans and various organisations. Both roads will reopen at around midday.
· Denton Parish War Memorial - 12.30pm to 1.30pm, Friday November 10.
· Gravesend Borough Market - 10.45am on Saturday, November 11. The Royal British Legion will join cadets, the mayor, mayoress and deputy mayor along with civic chaplain Reverend Littlewood to mark two minutes silence at 11am. A wreath will be laid in the Old Town Hall.
· Windmill Hill, Gravesend - 11am on Sunday, November 12. A cannon will be fired to mark the start of two minutes silence, following which there will be prayers, hymns and music while wreaths will be laid.
· St Mary’s Church, Greenhithe - 10.30am on Sunday, November 12. A two minute silence will be held at 11am.
· St John’s Church, Higham - A service and parade starts from 9.30am to 10.30am on Sunday, November 12.
· Meopham War Memorial - 2pm on Sunday November 12 a parade and service will take place organised by Meopham Parish Council.
· Northfleet War Memorial - 11am on Sunday, November 12. A parade will start at 10.30am organised in partnership between the Royal British Legion and Gravesham Borough Council.
· Shorne Parish Church - 10.55am to 12.30pm on Sunday, November 12.
· Stone - 2.30pm on Sunday, November 12. A parade will assemble at Stone Pavilion Car Park on Hayes Road at 2.30pm. The procession will commence at 2.45pm and will walk along Recreational Drive to Stone War Memorial, with a service starting at 3pm.
· St John the Baptist Church, Sutton at Hone - 10.30am on Sunday, November 12.
· St Peter and St Paul Church, Swanscombe - 10am on Sunday, November 12. Wreaths will be laid at the memorial in the church and then in Swanscombe Park along with crosses at some of the First World War graves in the town’s cemetery.
· Wilmington - 11.45am on Sunday, November 12. A service at the Rosemary Centre on High Road will last until 1pm.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Gravesend Reporter. Click the link in the orange box above for details.