Search

Tea lights used during ‘religious observance’ sparks blaze in Gravesend home

PUBLISHED: 08:37 07 April 2016 | UPDATED: 08:37 07 April 2016

Fire

Fire

2010 Getty Images

Emergency teams called just after 11pm on Wednesday night

Fire crews had to tackle a blaze last night believed to have been sparked when tea lights used for a ‘religioug observance’ spread to nearby materials.

The alarm was raised in Valley Drive, Gravesend, at around 11.15pm on Wednesday when someone called 999.

Firefighters wearing breathing gear entered the property to find a slow burning fire ignited by the tea lights and oil used.

No-one was injured during the blaze and the cause was put down to an accident.

0 comments

Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files
Comments

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other Gravesend Reporter visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by Gravesend Reporter staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique Gravesend Reporter account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

Most Read

Latest from the Gravesend Reporter

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists