Search

Two treated for smoke inhalation after Dartford kitchen fire

PUBLISHED: 09:23 19 September 2013 | UPDATED: 09:23 19 September 2013

Two people were treated for smoke inhalation after a kitchen fire in Dartford last night.

A man and a woman, both in their 40s, were in the Wade Close flat on September 18 when the blaze broke out.

Fire crews used a hose reel jet to put out the flames followed by a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear smoke and fumes from the property.

Kent Fire and Rescue were called at 8.35pm and it took them 10 minutes to control the blaze.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Gravesend Reporter. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Gravesend Reporter