Search

UPDATE: My Football Club agrees to give up 50 per cent of Ebbsfleet shares to Fleet Trust

PUBLISHED: 10:29 23 April 2013 | UPDATED: 12:14 23 April 2013

Ebbsfleet United owners My Football Club (MyFC) have agreed to give 50 per cent of the club’s shares to the Fleet Trust after its members voted to get out of the club yesterday.

The move increases the possibility of the Fleet avoiding entering administration, as they have to raise £100,000 by the end of April to balance the books.

MyFC chairman Jeff Hamnett released a statement this morning saying they had agreed to relinquish two thirds of their 75 per cent of shares to the Fleet Trust, with the other 25 per cent going to the club’s major loanees.

An investor has been lined up, 38-year-old businessman Carlos Kabir Kurani, but it remains to be seen if he is going to buy into the club.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Gravesend Reporter. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Gravesend Reporter