Search

Washing machine blaze in Northfleet destroys kitchen

PUBLISHED: 13:02 14 June 2017 | UPDATED: 13:02 14 June 2017

Firefighters

Firefighters

sanchairat

It suffered extensive smoke damage

A property has been damaged in Northfleet after a washing machine caught alight.

Firefighters were called to battle the small blaze in Park Avenue at around 6.43am this morning.

Crews managed to distinguish the fire but the washing machine suffered extensive damage and the kitchen suffered smoke damage.

While there, firefighters also fitted two new smoke alarms in the property.

The cause of the fire is not being treated as suspicious and is believed to be due to an electrical fault.

Crews left the scene 20 minutes after the initial call.

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Gravesend Reporter

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists