Search

Woman rushed to hospital after flat fire in Dartford

PUBLISHED: 09:18 11 August 2016 | UPDATED: 09:18 11 August 2016

The fire started in a second-floor flat in Browning Road

The fire started in a second-floor flat in Browning Road

Archant

The fire started on Wednesday afternoon

An off-duty firefighter helped to extinguish a blaze at a Dartford flat on Wednesday.

Fire crews were called to a second floor flat in Browning Road just after 5.10pm, where they discovered the London firefighter had already tackled the flames.

A woman was rushed to hospital after breathing in smoke, and crews treated a Staffordshire Bull Terrier dog with a pet oxygen mask.

Crews ventilated the apartment to clear smoke from the property, before leaving the scene at 5.45pm.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Gravesend Reporter. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Gravesend Reporter